In his inspiring lecture to the trainees Mr. Rajaraman, Senior Production Manager from EASUN-MR company, outlined how an ITI certificate holder can make a career and he presented career opportunities for ITI holders.
He himself has made a career with only ITI certificate in Fitter and now he has the position of Senior Production Manager in EASUN-MR. EASUN-MR is an Indo-German Joint Venture with the Maschinenfabrik Rheinhausen GmbH, (MR), Germany and the EASUN Group of India. Maschinenfabrik Rheinhausen GmbH, (MR), Germany, the Joint Venture partner in EMR are the technology leaders in voltage regulation equipment and cater to the requirements of the Transformer manufactures worldwide.
In his inspiring lecture to the trainees of both campuses he outlined how an ITI certificate holder can make a career. He emphasises on LPM concept i.e. learning, practicing and mastering. He told the trainees the importance of time management, quality hours, discipline and dedication to work. His main message was that one must involve and take interest. His clear message was that everyone is responsible for his future and should not bother much about the others. In his interaction with the trainees he told them how important Pranayama is and Dhinacharya (Dayan) and open mindedness. One should practice it every day.
At the end he presented career opportunities for ITI holders:
1. After completion of ITI they can get apprentice training in standard organisation.
2. ITI holders can become a team leader because they have more skills in identifying and rectifying the faults in the machine than the diploma holders.
3. ITI holders can play an important role in component assembling section, line in charge, sectional in charge and in production area.
4. They also play a vital role in quality checking.
5. Only an ITI holder knows the material specification and they can also be engaged in stock maintaining section.
6. Through experience and their skills, they can raise their position to production manager also.