Production Technology (MECH)
The modern production plants are automated and interconnected (Automotive Industry Hyundai, OLA E-Bike ). Engineers with knowledge and skills to operate, manage and maintain such a plant will have a bright scope with growing industrialization in India to be Atmanirbhar Bharat.
This course deals with the operation, maintenance, installation of various kinds of machines used in the production lines. You will learn and practice on the usual machines used in the mechanical production, production processes and the management techniques.
After completing this course, you will be able not only to operate various kind of machines used in manufacturing but will understand the production processes, logistic and how to manage and maintain a production line.
Graduates can find a decent job in general manufacturing plants, automobile manufacturing plants or firms where production process is involved. In these places, you may be recruited as production manager, quality control officer, assistant manager, supervisor, project manager etc.
S. Sivabalan M.Tech. (Ph.D) Assistant Prof.
M. Krishnadevan Instructor
Albert Lucian Instructor
Schneider Prototyping Pondicherry
Le Bracs Pondicherry
GT Electronics India Pvt Ltd
Leo Fastners Pvt Ltd Pondicherry
After successfully completing the vocational course, the student would have acquired relevant appropriate and adequate technical knowledge together with the professional skills and competencies in the field of Production Technology so that he/she is properly equipped to take up gainful employment in this Vocation. Thus he/she should have acquired:
- The relevant basic concepts and principles in basic science subjects (Physics and Mathematics) so that he/she is able to understand the different vocational subjects.
- The basic concepts in engineering drawing using AUTOCAD.
- Different manufacturing processes.
- The concepts, principles of working different Machine tools.
- Importance of Production Technology.
- The knowledge of Production Processes.
- The production environment in the industry
- The concepts and principles used in Mass Production.
Adequate Professional Skills and Competencies in
- Selecting the raw material for the required Production according to the end product.
- Developing the devices required for mass production.
- Preparing the production layout according to the procedures involved in manufacturing
- Locating the fault at production level due to improper process, scheduling etc. and its rectification.
A Healthy and Professional Attitude so that He/ She has
- An analytical approach while working on a job.
- An open mind while locating/rectifying faults.
- Respect for working with his/her own hands.
- Respect for honesty, punctuality and truthfulness
NSQF compliant skills in Qualification developed by sector skill council in Capital Goods Sector.
Admission going on
Our high quality skill education has enabled hundreds of youth a better livelihood and the opportunity to live in dignity. Only limited seats available, apply to us. Eligibility: +12 pass | Course Duration: 3 Years | Degree: Bachelor of Vocational Training (B.Voc)