Skill education is the need of the hour in India:
- Only 5-7% of the Indian work force has had skill training whereas 70-90% have received skill education in industrial nations.
- 10 times more graduates than ITI graduates enter the job market every year in India. There is a big mismatch in demand and supply of qualification of employees.
- Due to automation and complicated production processes companies need more trained operators and equipment maintenance with practical industrial experience.
- For approximately 80% of the jobs in manufacturing industries ITI qualification is sufficient.
- In a recent study Auroville’s Life Education Centre found that 73% of engineering graduates in rural areas are unemployed even after one or two years of completion of the course.