At present, AIAT offers a variety of Government recognized courses: NCVT, TNSDC or PMKVY. (See our Vocational Training Programs)
AIAT’s strategy on Skill Education
AIAT’s strategy in conducting training addresses the issues of the stakeholders: trainees and industry.
Needs of trainees:
- Availability of a stipend to finance skill training: AIAT enables trainees for an industrial stipend to approximately 160 youth in 2019 under the Dual System of Training in 4 courses (Electronic Mechanic, Fitter, Welder and Information and Communication Technology and Maintenance). For that AIAT has tied up with 9 companies.
- Employability: industrial practice, sound subject knowledge and hard and soft skills are key to employability.
- For trainees who learn better by doing: the training is conducted applying student’s centric, interactive and project based learning.
- Vertical mobility in education: additional courses for equivalent certification to 12th standard under NIOS will be offered to ITI trainees. This equivalent certificate would enable a trainee to join an undergraduate course at any university in India.
- To meet the industrial demand of qualification, AIAT trainees learn industrial processes and multi-skills on projects; trainees learn the fitter trade, operation of turning and milling machines, AutoCAD, working on sheet metal machines, etc.
- The Dual System of Training addresses the needs of industry for employees trained as per today’s industrial requirement.
Future Direction of AIAT
Our future direction is to intensify our collaboration with CII Pondicherry on the Dual System of Training, offering courses for the employees of the companies and to offer more seats and courses under the Dual System of Training.
Providing new perspectives and experiences is an important feature of our school and an inherent element of our programs. Besides English, communication and other soft-skill centered classes, we complement the school experience of our students with events and programs aimed toward environmental, hygiene and health awareness, cultural values and social responsibilities. As part of these efforts, AIAT implements Green Technologies on its campus and integrates them into its curricula.
Through all these initiatives we intend to promote a more optimistic and energetic attitude toward the future and strengthen the drive for our students towards enhancing and/or ensuring their livelihoods as a whole.