Since 2004 Auroville Institute of Applied Technology-College (AIAT) is conducting vocational education to the youth of the Bioregion. AIAT-College is a non-profit Institute of Auroville Foundation educating youth not only in the skills needed by the youth, but also the competencies to use these skills to create a life-enhancing culture and interrupt unhealthy social narratives and develop inner capacity like responsibility, dignity, human unity, and the courage to create.The Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) degree under the vocational stream of higher education as per UGC affiliated with Pondicherry University to address these.
Location Map of AIAT College
Location Map of AIAT administration
What is B.VOC?
- B.VOC stands for Bachelor of Vocation, i.e. a professional undergraduate bachelor's degree focused on skill in addition to knowledge
- B.VOC has been introduced in 2014 by the government of India to support and accelerate the country’s economic growth by providing appropriate knowledge and skill in adequation with the need of the industry.
- Benefits for the student in B.VOC course
- Mix of theoretical 40% and practical 60% education
- Increased flexibility with multiple entry and exit points during the three-year B.VOC course :
- Entry in first, second or third year,
- Exit after :
- First year with Diploma certificate,
- Second year with Advance Diploma certificate
- Third year with Bachelor Degree certificate
- After B.VOC: possibility to apply to Bachelor in Technology/Engineering, Master in Vocation, Master in Engineering/ Technology
- Benefits for the B.VOC degree holder
- Enhance employability in meeting the industry need
- Increase vertical mobility inside companies i.e. better possibility to progress in responsibility and salary
- Allow creating one’s job and become an entrepreneur
- Benefits for the industry in hiring B.VOC degree holder
- Flexibility of the curriculum allows the B.VOC college to design the course to follow technology evolution and economy demand
- Constant contact between B.VOC college and the regional industry ensure the adequation of BVOC course to industry
- Knowledge and skill provided by B.VOC ensure the employee to be work ready
About B.Voc Program
Our curriculum is based on integral education and NEP 2020 addresses the skills and the competencies to use these skills to create a life-enhancing culture and develop inner capacity (responsibility, dignity, human unity, compassion, courage to create) practicing at industrial sites (Internship).
The methodology of all the courses will be to connect learning with application to make abstract learning concrete.
In line with this approach, the assessments will be based on applying what the students create in the first-year small projects and the following years’ larger projects for humanity.
Admission going on
Our high quality skill education has enabled hundreds of youth a better livelihood and the opportunity to live in dignity. Only limited seats available, apply to us. Eligibility: +12 pass | Course Duration: 3 Years | Degree: Bachelor of Vocational Training (B.Voc)
The 21st century is the century of new emerging technologies such as unmanned drones, Robotics, Artificial intelligence, Green power generation, self-driving vehicles, digitalization , are determinantal to address the above challenges and to find solution how we will live, work, communicate, travel, buy, learn and defence ourselves etc. The engineers of tomorrow should have knowledge and skills to work and find solutions for the future challenges. At AIAT you learn and practice with us on projects and work on solution for the challenges of the 21st century.
Dr. Sanjeev Ranganathan
IIT -Madras, Ph.D. (Columbia University)
The learning programs will be hands-on project-centred with the faculty working hand in hand with industry practitioners in both design and delivery of the program.
The program moves away from the outdated theoretical syllabus and focuses on what you need to learn to be capable of doing something in each stream you choose. Next it builds the five minds of the future that you require to synthesize to make information, knowledge and knowledge wisdom.
Auroville, the city of dawn
Auroville wants to be a universal town where men and women of all countries are able to live in peace and progressive harmony, above all creeds, all politics and all nationalities. The purpose of Auroville is to realize human unity.
Auroville, sometimes referred to as "The City of Dawn" is conceived for 50,000 inhabitants from around the world. At the centre stands the Matrimandir, the "soul of the city", a place for individual silent concentration, in an oval shaped Peace Area surrounded by a lake. Radiating out beyond the lake are four Zones - the Industrial (north), Cultural (north east), Residential (south/south west) and International (west) - each focusing on an important aspect of the town's life. Surrounding the township will be a Green Belt consisting of forested areas, farms and sanctuaries.